Below my educational background is stated:
2008/04 – 2019/09 | External PhD candidate at the Department of Medical Oncology at Leiden University Medical Centre (LUMC), Leiden, The Netherlands. Result: PhD Degree.
The multinational interdisciplinary research program (Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and City of Hope, USA; The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia, and the Netherlands), was put together with patients, medical oncologists, dermatologists, dentists, a quality of life specialist (medical psychologist) a FACIT-member, a pathologist, a statistician, and nurses.
Supervisors: ME Lacouture (dermatologist, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA), JB Epstein (oral surgeon oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, USA), JWR Nortier (medical oncologist, LUMC), AA Kaptein (psychologist, LUMC), and H Gelderblom (medical oncologist, LUMC).
The central question of my dissertation was whether available methods and instruments can serve as a basis for the realization of an integrated patient-driven approach to targeted therapy-associated adverse events for the best outcome possible. We performed the following studies:
1. Compose literature reviews
2. Developing DERETT, translating FACT-EGFRI-18, VHNSS2.0, and validating these assessment tools.
3. Clinical trial (NCT01136005): Phase III Randomized Double-Blind Trial of Bepanthen® Cream Versus Cetomacrogol Cream in the Prevention of papulopustular eruption in Patients Receiving EGFRI: BeCet.
4. Clinical trial (NCT01265810): Phase III Randomized Double-blind Crossover trial of Supersaturated Calcium-phosphate rinse (Caphosol®) versus NaCl 0.9% in the relief of Oral Mucositis in renal cell carcinoma, hepatocellular carcinoma, and gastrointestinal stromal tumor patients receiving targeted therapy: COMTT.
On September 4, 2019, I defended my thesis entitled ‘Towards a patient-driven approach to adverse events of targeted agents in oncology’ successfully.
1993/08 – 1997/06 | Health Sciences; subdivision Nursing Science (Gezondheidswetenschappen, afstudeerrichting Verplegingswetenschap) at University of Utrecht (UU), Utrecht, The Netherlands. Result: MSc Degree
Supervisors: RH van Linge, JAM Winnubst; My graduation project was about decision-making & implementation strategies regarding primary process innovations. Title of the thesis: Perception of the Implementation Interventions: Research about the perception of the applied implementation interventions related to the nursing process for nurses in the workplace.
1992/10 – 1993/07 | Mathematics (VWO) at Leidse Onderwijsinstellingen (LOI), Leiderdorp, The Netherlands.
I needed to have Mathematics on Highschool level, to be able to study Health Sciences. I followed this course from home.
1991/08 – 1992/01 | Nursing Education at Hoger Beroeps Onderwijs Verpleegkunde (HBO-V), Inholland Alkmaar, The Netherlands. Result: BSc Degree.
Class 4 because I moved to Alkmaar.
Internship of 3½ months at Westfries Gasthuis, Hoorn, department of lung diseases.
1987/08 – 1991/07 | Nursing Education at Hoger Beroeps Onderwijs Verpleegkunde (HBO-V), Inholland Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
Internships of 3½ months at:
• Elkerliek, Helmond (General Hospital), first-class medical care department
• Grote Beek, Eindhoven (Psychiatry), supportive follow-up treatment
• Eckartdal, Eindhoven (Mentally Disabled), elderly people with strongly deviant behavior
1985/08 – 1987/07 | Senior General Secondary Education (Hoger Algemeen Voortgezet Onderwijs (HAVO)), at Jerusalem Venray, The Netherlands
Because I moved to the Netherlands but didn’t have a Dutch Education, I needed to do classes 4 & 5 to be able to receive the Dutch equivalent of the German Certification.
1984/08 – 1985/07 | Home Economics School (Haushaltsschule), Moers, Germany
The home economics school prepares for further training. Once a week, because I was not 18 years at that time, I was obligated to attend class once a week.
1978/08 – 1984/07 | Senior General Secondary Education at Realschule Rheinkamp, Moers, Germany.
1972/09 – 1978/07 | Elementary School (Grundschule) at Waldschule Schwafheim, Moers, Germany.